Information for Short Stay Visa Applicants at the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Accra
REQUIREMENTS FOR A SHORT STAY VISA (up to 90 days)
- The Embassy of the Czech Republic in Accra serves nationals and residents of Ghana, Burkina Faso, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Togo.
- Information regarding visa procedures, requirements and individual applications can ONLY be obtained from the visa officer of the Embassy of the Czech Republic, not from Security Staff or any other third party. Do not employ agents, travel agencies or other middlemen.
- Visa hours are every Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and might be subject to change.
- You are strongly advised to submit your application at least 4 weeks prior to the date of departure, as the processing of a visa may take up to 15 days upon receiving a complete application.
- All applicants have to apply in person at the Embassy.
- Our visa section can only accept a limited number of applications per day on a first-come-first-served basis. Note that we do not arrange appointments.
- Visa forms are free of charge.
- The visa fee is 60,- Euro, to be paid in Euro only. The visa fee is a processing fee and is to be paid in full, when accepting the application. Should the visa be denied, the Embassy will not refund the money.
- The Embassy investigates the purpose of travel as well as financial means and sufficient ties to the home country and the willingness to return there. Applicants are at liberty to provide additional documents to support these facts.
- Compliance with the visa conditions does not automatically guarantee that a visa will be issued. In addition to the standard requirements, other supporting documents may be required, depending on the specific nature of your application. Furthermore, after receiving the visa, the competent authorities may refuse you the entry into the Schengen Area upon arrival.
- As the Embassy does not return forms, photos or any supporting documents, be so kind as to provide the Embassy with copies of the documents you will need to have returned.
- Fake or forged documents will not be returned and will be sent to the relevant authorities.
- Please note that no information about the stage of a particular visa application will be given to a third party. Only the applicant will be informed about the result.
- If the visa is granted, please verify whether the information printed on the visa sticker is correct and complete.
List of supporting documents
- Valid passport
- Copy of the data page of the passport
- Previous passports (even if expired)
- 1 recent passport size photo
- 1 completed and sighed visa form
- Booking slip or reservation for return ticket (no ticket!)
- Birth certificate (and a copy of the birth certificate)
- If applicant below 18 years is not accompanied by one of his parents: parental consent of both parents and copies of their ID/ passports
- Travel health insurance valid for Schengen states
- Visa fee 60,-Euro
- Proof of financial means and economic and social ties to Ghana:
- Bank statements for the last 3 months.
- Employment letter stating terms and monthly income (if employed).
- Salary slips of the last 3 months or contract (if employed).
- Business papers (if self-employed), such as: business registration certificate, company’s code/ form A, tax clearance certificates, proof of active business (bills of lading, import declaration form, invoices, etc.).
- Evidence of social ties, such as marriage certificate, birth certificates of dependant children, official leave letter from the university or school including proof of paid school fees and school reports (if applicable).
Additional requirements for visit visa:
- If invited by a private person or an institution, church, etc.: original invitation to visit the Czech Republic authorized by the Alien Police
- Proof of family relation to the EU host (if applicable)
- If sponsored by EU host: copy of host’s labour contract & 3 recent salary specifications
Additional requirements for tourist visa:
- Hotel reservation and plausible travel itinerary
Additional requirements for business visa:
- If invited by Czech company: original invitation to visit the Czech Republic authorized by the Alien Police
- Copy of inviting parties’ entry in national commercial register
- Verifiable proof of business with inviting company or proof of downpayment (if applicable)
- Introduction letter from Ghanaian company
- Hotel reservation
Additional requirements for medical visa:
- Letter from local doctor stating diagnosis
- Letter from Czech hospital/ doctor stating agreement to treat the patient and expected duration of the treatment
- Overview of estimate costs
- Proof of advanced payment of 50% - receipt from national hospital/ doctor
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the treatment and cost of living during the stay
Musicians for recording/ concert/ festival/ lessons:
- Introductory letter and musician card and proof of musical activities/ performances
- For recording: studio contract, transfer slip for first instalment of studio fees and proof of payment
- For festival or concerts: detailed concert schedule, contract stating duration and payment
- For lessons: contract stating duration and payment
- Hotel reservation
Sports – tournament or trials for transfer:
- Letter of invitation from the organizer, inviting company or sports club
- Letter of introduction from Ghana sports council and respective sports association/ federation that they have no objection
- Proof of sporting ability
- Hotel reservation