Economic, energy and trade cooperation between the Czech Republic and Azerbaijan
Economic, energy and trade cooperation between the Czech Republic and Azerbaijan is directed to:
- Supporting (assisting) implementation of Southern Energy Corridor Project as effective instrument to achieve diversification of Europe’s energy supplies and greater energy security.
- Assisting Czech entrepreneurs in establishing first business contacts with their local counterparts and vice-versa.
- Supporting transparency in business practices and deals between the Czech and Azerbaijani companies.
- Supporting the investment activities of the Czech and Azerbaijani companies in Azerbaijan and the Czech Republic.
- Promoting the Czech Republic as an attractive tourist, wellness, health, leisure and educational destination
Trade between the Czech Republic and Azerbaijan (in thousand €):
|2008||90,5||1 568,8||1 659,3||-1 478,3|
|2010||103,2||1 194,0||1 297,2||-1 090,9|
|2011||186,8||1 725,7||1 912,5||-1 538,9|
|2012||141,1||1 629,4||1 770,5||-1 488,2|
|1-11/2012||127,0||1 485,7||1 612,7||-1 358,7|
|1-11/2013||156,8||1 249,4||1 406,2||-1 092,6|
Source: Czech Statistical Office
The commodity structure of the Czech export to Azerbaijan has remained stable in the past years. The main items are cars and trucks and their spare parts, construction material, machinery and industrial equipment, detergents, a range of pharmaceutical products and cosmetics. Traditionally, the Bohemian glass and crystal products like chandeliers, beer, malt and hops have been exported to the Azerbaijani market through the years.
The Czech import from Azerbaijan consists of oil (nearly 25 % of all oil import to the Czech Republic), cotton, dry fruits and nuts.