Ambassador Svatopluk Cumba presented his credentials to President Michel Sleiman on July 22, 2011.
Ambassador Svatopluk Cumba with the Lebanese President Michel Sleiman (22.7.2011)
Born 21.1.1967 in Kyjov, Czech Republic.
Education and training:
- Technical University, Brno, Czech Republic (graduation in 1990)
- Stanford University - Hoover Institution, California - diplomatic course (1995)
- Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic (2004-5)
- since July 2011: Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Czech Republic
to the Lebanese Republic
- 2007 - 2011: Minister-Counselor and Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of the Czech Republic in Madrid, Spain
- 2005 - 2007: Counselor, Embassy of the Czech Republic in Abuja, Nigeria
- 2004 - 2005 - Desk Officer, Department of American States, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
- 2000 - 2004: First Secretary, Embassy of the Czech Republic in Beijing, China
- 1996 - 2000: Second Secretary, Embassy of the Czech Republic in Caracas, Venezuela
- 1995 - 1996: Desk Officer, Department of Latin America and Department of Bilateral Economic Relations, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
- 1994 - 1995: Desk Officer and Deputy Chief, Special Tasks Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
- 1993 - 1994: structural designer in a private construction company
- 1991- 1993: professional musician
English, French, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, basic Arabic
Interests and hobbies:
Sports (skiing, equitation, cycling), music, reading.
Married, with three children.