Short term visa
New rules for calculating short stays of third-country nationals within Schengen area
Following the amendment of the Schengen Border Code No. 610/2013 of June 26, 2013 the Ministry of Foreign Affairs informs about the changes in counting of the days of the authorised stay within the Schengen area.
The reference period of 180 days within which the foreigner can spend for up to 90 days in the Schengen area will be looked at backwards from each day of the stay (i.e. the calculation of stay will be done within 180 days preceding each day of stay).
The applicants are entitled to apply for the visa for up to 90 days within any 180 days. The application will be processed in regards to the previous stays in the Schengen area and the supporting documents submitted with the application. Same calculation system will be applied for those third country nationals who do not need a visa in order to stay within the Schengen area for a stay up to 90 days.
Administrative bodies and travellers have access to a practical tool/internet application called Schengen calculator, allowing them to calculate the period of allowed stay under the new rules (based on the input of the information on the date of entry and dates of previous stays). Based on this calculation it will be possible to calculate the number of days of a legal stay within the Schengen area that can be applied for. The calculator can be found on the website of the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/border-crossing/index_en.htm, clicking on the link „short stay calculator“. The website contains also the user manual of the Schengen calculator.
The above-mentioned changes apply from October 18, 2013, with no transitional period.
All visa applications must be made in person, during office hours Mondays to Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. by appointment in VISAPOINT only.
In the Visapoint you have to write your complete name and surname as it is written in your passport.
Registration can be done within 30 days from actual date, with each day new appointments are available. Please bring your tracking number with you.
To cancel your reservation, you have to write us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with this request.
VISA APPLICATION REQIREMENTS
2) Travel document
4) Document substantiating purpose of stay (for example: invitation, travel agency documents, organized trip reservation, itinerary, health/medical facility confirmation, employment confirmation, invitation/tickets for a congress, expo, seminar, business relations confirmation, invitation/application for participation in consultations, conference, seminar etc.)
In case of transit, visa or other permit to enter a third country, which is the final destination and (air plane) tickets for the trip
5) Proof of accommodation or proof of sufficient financial means to arrange for accommodation (for example: invitation, hotel voucher, confirmation on accommodation, etc.)
6) Proof of sufficient financial means for subsistence during a stay in the Schengen area, for return to a country of residence or for a transit to a third country, in which the applicant resides or can obtain financial means legally
7) Information, which will allow to ascertain the intention to leave the territory of the Czech Republic/Schengen area before the expiry of visa (for example: (air plane) ticket reservation, proof of financial means, employment confirmation, proof of immovable property, proof of family or work ties etc.)
9)Visa Fee payable in cash only (EGP). Credit cards, personal or business checks are NOT accepted.
For more details you can go to the web site of the Ministry of Foreign Affaires of the Czech Republic.
- small help and orientation -
Ten flat fingerprints of every applicant are digitally scanned. Only children younger than twelve years are exempted.
The Visa and Consular Department has full authority to evaluate and request more documents than those submitted by the applicant, therefore, always include your mobile or home or office telephone number or e-mail with your application. The applicant is hereby informed that submitting the above mentioned documents does not guarantee automatic issuance of the visa.
EU CITIZEN FAMILY MEMBERS
Is a family member (the spouse, the partner with whom the EU citizen has contracted a registered partnership, the direct descendants who are under the age of 21 or the dependent direct relatives in the ascending line) of citizens of the EU, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland or Liechtenstein.
Your visa application will be processed free of charge within two weeks. You will have to proove your relation to the EU citizen and his/her EU citizenship, but you will not have to present your TMI, airline ticket, proof of sufficient funds and employment letter.
Kindly note that because of the protection of personal data the status of the visa application cannot be disclosed to anyone but the applicant.