Registration of Death
04.10.2011 / 16:49
Czech citizens are obliged to register death that occurred outside the Czech Republic with the Special Register Office in Brno, Czech Republic. This can be done via our Consular Section of the Consulate General of the Czech Republic in Chicago, during an appointment. The registration of the above-mentioned event must be done as soon as possible.
If you want us to accept your application please come to our office personally during our regular business hours and bring the following:
· Completely filled and signed application form Zápis o úmrtí (if you don't understand Czech language we will help you to fill it out here at the Consulate).
· Original (or certified copy) of the Death Certificate with Apostille and translation to the Czech language.
· Documents supporting Czech citizenship of deceased person (Czech passport or Czech ID).
· Other documents if available (Czech Birth Certificate or/and Czech Marriage certificate, etc).
· Applicant’s ID or valid passport.
· Cash or money order to pay the consular fee. Personal or business checks and credit cards are NOT accepted.
· 1st Issue of the Death Certificate at special registry in Brno is free of charge.
· You will have to pay for verification of the US Death Certificate copy with Apostille (2 pages) and for verification of the US Death Certificate translation with Apostille (2 pages)
If something is not clear please send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312-861-1037/ ex. 108.