Do you want to study in the Czech Republic?
18.09.2012 / 01:31
Higher education in the Czech Republic enjoys a worldwide reputation for its high quality. This quality is safeguarded by a national system of regulation and quality assurance. The emphasis on education is understandable because it has always played a key role in the life of the Czech people. It was in Prague, in the year 1348, where the first university in Central Europe was founded (by then Czech King Charles IV). Training and research were crucial for a new development of the nation in its modern history. The Czech Republic, a small country in the heart of Europe, is very much aware that an international cooperation in science and innovation is a prerogative for a long term success in the globalized world.
Studying in the Czech Republic, in a country at the cultural crossroads, is well suited to help develop an open mind and strengthen ability of every student to work together with other people of different backgrounds. Thus, it could also serve as a hub for further adaptation into the modern educational environment at both European and global level. The living standards in the Czech Republic are quite high while the costs of living remain reasonable.
Every year, the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports offers scholarships to support foreign students at Czech public universities:
1. Government Scholarships (under foreign development cooperation);
2. Scholarship Awards under Bilateral International Agreements on Co-operation in the Field of Education.
Moreover, Czech universities and high schools provide a broad variety of high quality programs and training courses that cover many fields of knowledge and expertise, in English. Every school publishes detailed information about the areas of study on its web site (see below).
For further information check out the following websites:
- General information about studying in the Czech Republic with a list of Czech higher education institutions and scholarship opportunities: www.studyin.cz
- Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports: www.msmt.cz
- Czech National Academic Recognition Information Centre: www.naric.cz
- Scholarships: http://www.msmt.cz/international-cooperation-1/scholarships
- Other useful links: www.czech.cz, www.dzs.cz