Airport Transit Visa
03.07.2013 / 22:00
An airport visa is issued for transit through one of the international airports in the Czech Republic.
Please note that according to the Visa Code, art. 21 (6), an airport transit visa only allows a short stay in the international transit area only, however, neither leaving the airport's international transit area nor overnight stays in the airport hotels are possible.
Airport transit visa is issued either as a one-way visa (one entry) or two-way visa (two-entries). Time period for which it can be issued is maximum of 6 months.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Applications must be submitted in person!
The following documents should be submitted by each applicant:
2. Travel document - recognized by the Schengen countries,
3. Proof of the legal status in US - valid residence permit or long term stay visa in US,
4. The photograph - corresponding to the current appearance of the applicant,
5. Proof that you can proceed to the next country - air ticket and also visa, if it is required,
6. Fee - only cash, money order or certified checks payable to the Consulate General of the Czec hRepublic in New York are accepted.
PERSONAL CHECKS are not acceptable!
THE COPIES OF ALL DOCUMENTS ARE REQUESTED!
VISA PICK UP
Visa should be picked up at the diplomatic mission, at which the visa application has been filed:
1. by the applicant
2. by another person based on power of attorney or with any other authorization (notarized signature)
3. or it can be mailed back to the applicant in the pre-paid, self-addressed, over-night envelope provided by the applicants. We accept only US Postal Service Express Mail Envelope with postage USD 18,30 (for future tracking, we suggest writting the registration number for your record).
The mailing address of the Czech Consulate in New York:
Consulate General of the Czech Republic in New York
321 E 73rd Street
New York, NY 10162
The Consulate does not accept any responsibility for lost or damaged documentation!