Czech Tourist Board - CzechTourism
02.03.2009 / 15:32
Official Czech Tourist Authority
The Czech Tourist Authority was founded in 1993 for the purpose of promoting the Czech Republic as an attractive tourist destination in the foreign -and starting with the year 2003 also in the domestic market. Domestic tourist regions, towns, municipalities and entrepreneurs are important promotion partners of CzechTourism.
The organization falls under the Ministry Of Regional Development Of The Czech Republic. Starting with 1st August 2003 its official name is Czech Tourist Authority – CzechTourism.
The goal of CzechTourism
CzechTourism supports the incoming and domestic tourist industry in general and further focuses on promoting the particular branches of the travel industry, such as spas, congress and incentive and also golf tourism. Since 2007 they have branched out to include other areas of tourism including, historical, adventure and active tours and holidays.
The promotion on the Czech market
- CzechTourism agency organizes study trips in the ČR for the representatives of foreign and Czech incoming travel agencies as well as for the press.
- Supports congress tourism in the Czech Republic
- Publishes an electronic bulletin called Regionální info-bulletin (http://regionbulletin.czechtourism.cz)
- Operates the web pages for the travel trade – www.CzechTourism.cz
- Website with the tips for trips and holidays – www.kudyznudy.cz
- Has launched the project for 133 premieres focused on the news in the Czech travel industry – www.czechtourism.com/133premier
- Organizes the biggest film and multimedia festival for tourism in the world called TOURFILM (www.tourfilm.cz)
- Collaborates with various information centres in the Czech Republic
- Also runs two of their own Information Centres in the centre of Prague.
- Czech tourism carries out advertising campaigns in foreign TV, press etc.
- Publishes and distributes the leaflets about the Czech Republic in 17 different languages
- Publishes press releases in Czech, English, German, French and Russian.
- Publishes an electronic magazine the NFO-bulletin (http://bulletin.czechtourism.cz/), which monitors the events in the travel industry, culture, sports and transport industry
- Operates a multi-lingual website servicing tourists abroad – www.czechtourism.com
- Collaborates in the promotion of the countries of Visegrad 4 (www.european-quartet.com)
Czech Tourist Authority – CzechTourism
120 41 Praha 2
tel.: +420 221 580 111
fax: +420 224 247 516
Czech Tourist Authority – CzechTourism (Official Tourist Presentation of the Czech Republic in Scandinavia)
100 41 Stockholm
Tel.: +46 (0)8 440 42 20
Fax: +46(0)8 411 28 55