Getting married in the Czech Republic
07.10.2010 / 15:48
Information concerning legal documents which should be presented for the purpose of getting married in the Czech Republic.
Information concerning legal documents which should be presented for the purpose of getting married in the Czech Republic
For information about how to proceed and what documents must be presented contact the registrar's office of the local council or the parish registrar in the Czech Republic.
You should present the following documents:
· full certificate of birth
· certificate of no-impediment to marriage, issued by the registrar's office. It must contain information about your marital status, nationality, date and place of birth, place of residence. The certificate is valid for 6 months.
· upon arrival to the Czech Republic you are required to obtain permission to remain from the Alien Police in the relevant district. The document is only valid when issued less than 7 days before the marriage. This document is also required from nationals who do not have a visa requirement to enter the Czech Republic. The only exceptions are the nationals from EU countries or their family members.
· people who have been divorced must submit a court decree (Decree Nisi Absolute or the equivalent)
· widowers or widows must submit a death certificate of the previous spouse
Documents issued by a foreign authority must be authorised by an apostile stamp and presented with an official
translation in the Czech language.