Concert Melody Makers and Doors Open Day at the Czernin Palace
26.04.2012 / 09:34
At the occasion of the 67 anniversary of the End of the Second World War a concert of Ondrej Havelka and his Melody Makers takes place on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 5 pm in the garden of the Czernin Palace. The event commemorates the 67 anniversary of the End of the Second World War and honorus heroes of many countries participating in the liberation of Czechoslovakia. On the same day the Czernin Palace will be open to the public from 10 am to 4 pm.
The doors of the Czernin Palace, the largest baroque building of its kind in Prague and the seat of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, were opened two years ago for the last time. Visitors will be able to see the most interesting and valued interiors of the palace, including Jan Masaryk´s apartment and a garden.
The visitors will be able to see exhibitions of war photos, posters as well as historical cars in the garden too.
The event is organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in cooperation with Military History Institute in Prague and Czech Center Prague.
The entry is free.
It is forbidden to bring along dangerous objects, bulky luggage, prams, bicycles, etc. to the Czernin Palace.
- The Czernin Palace (including the garden) is opened from 10am to 4pm (the last entry at 4pm)
- The garden is opened from 10am to the end of the concert. Entry to the garden through an entrance next to the Loreta.
- The concert starts at 5pm in the garden.
- Entry to the Czernin Palace through the main gate (Loretánské náměstí 5, Praha 1).
- The tour lasts approximately 60 minutes. Picture taking is allowed.
- Disabled visitors are asked to kindly notify the officer at the entrance who will then arrange for the parking and individual tours.
- It is forbidden to bring along dangerous objects, bulky luggage, prams, bicycles, etc. to the Czernin Palace because of security reasons.Parking options in the area are limited. Visitors are recommended to use tram 22.
Conact for media only: email@example.com