30.03.2010 / 16:15
(This article expired 19.01.2014 / 14:00.)
Proof of financial means when applying for a Schengen (short-term) visa:
- document proving existence of sufficient financial means for subsistence during a stay in the Schengen area, for return to a country of residence or for a transit to a third country, in which the applicant resides or can obtain financial means legally;
- document proving that services associated with stay have been paid for or that these services will be provided free of charge;
- Official Invitation form.
Existence of financial means can be documented for example by one of the following: bank statement (for at least last 3 months), internationally accepted credit card, cash in convertible currency, traveller´s checques, salary slips, employment confirmation, document about finances provided by a third party, document about accommodation in private.
Proof of financial means when applying for a long-term visa:
- generally for a long-term visa, submit a proof of finances in the amount of 15-times the subsistence minimum (2.200 CZK) + double the subsistence minimum (i.e. by 4,400 CZK) for each whole month of expected stay;
- in case of entrepreneurship, submit a proof of finances in the amount of 50-times the subsistence minimum(2.200 CZK), i.e. 110.000 CZK;
- in case of studying, submit as a proof finances a confirmation by a state authority or a legal entity that it will cover your stay by providing funds equivalent to the subsistence minimum (2.200) for 1 month of expected stay, or a confirmation that all costs will be covered by the school. If the sum referred to in the undertaking does not reach this amount, you shall be obliged to submit a document proving the ownership of funds equivalent to the difference between the subsistence minimum and the amount of the commitment for the period of your expected stay, however, not more than 6 times the subsistence minimum. Document on the provision of financial means may be replaced by a decision or an agreement on the allocation of a grant acquired pursuant to an international treaty by which the Czech Republic is bound.
Persons younger than 18 years submit a proof of financial means equaling to a half of the required amount.
Existence of financial means can be documented for example by one of the following:
- a bank account statement in the name of the alien confirming that the alien can use the funds in the required amount during a stay in the Czech Republic;
- another document, such as a valid internationally recognised credit card.
Proof of bank account can be used only if the bank has been granted a banking licence in the Czech Republic – see web site of the Czech National Bank.