19.01.2014 / 18:03
VISAPOINT is an online system operated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic allowing foreigners to register for submission of applications for visas for long-term stay over 90 days in the territory of the Czech Republic.
VISAPOINT also serves for registration of applicants for a long-term or permanent residence permit in the territory of the Czech Republic. Registration in such cases is voluntary.
The primary objective of the VISAPOINT system is to ensure equal and equitable access to every applicant, to establish equal conditions for submission of applications for long-term visas for a stay over 90 days at the diplomatic mission, to increase the effectiveness of the visa process and last but not least to ensure comfort for the applicants.
The foreigner should register for submission of the visa application on the website www.visapoint.eu. In order to register, he/she needs to possess an e-mail address. The registration can be done by the applicant himself/herself, but also by the inviting party or by any other person. Registration is free of charge. Submitting a registration does not mean that the visa has been issued. The foreigners applying for transfer of the (issued) visa sticker into a new travel documents and the family members of the EU citizens can submit their application without the registration. In case of Schengen visa applications, the consulate can decide on the exceptions from registering in the system for submitting the application. registrace.
At present, system VISAPOINT is used at the consulates in Russian Federation, Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, China, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Serbia, Thailand, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Moldova, Turkey, Macedonia, Ukraine, Nigeria, Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Philippines, Azerbaijan, Libya, Egypt and Indonesia.
Despite the fact that system VISAPOINT is available in 12 languages, the registration needs to be filled in latin letters.
In order to register in the VISAPOINT system it is necessary to possess an e-mail address where the confirmation of the registration is sent. If the registration is not confirmed in 60 minutes time then is available for the next applicant.
Minimal requirements for the system Visapoint2:
- Generally, system Visapoint2 was designed in order to be used in all current browsers. It was tested on Internet Explorer 8 and 9, Google Chrome 10 and Mozilla Firefox 4 and higher ones.
- The system should work in most of the modern mobile equipments (iPad, Android tablets etc.). This was tested on Google Chrome in the system Android 3. In regard to a broad variety and specificity of these browsers, 100% functionality cannot be guaranteed.
- The system verifies reading and approving of the conditions by sending “season” cookie. That is why the applicants must have at least “season” cookies enabled. (“Season” cookies are cookies that are valid only within one relation, e.g. are deleted automatically when the PC is turned off. This is the difference comparing to the persistent cookies that stay in the PC for the period of their validity, regardless of turning off the PC. Persistent cookies are not used in the client/user’s part of the system.
- Users must enable displaying pictures; otherwise it will not be possible to accept the captcha code as a verification of the reservation.
- Technologies as Java, Flash, AciveX are not used within the system; that is why they are not required. In future only W3C standard will be used: HTML3.