Visa for a stay over 90 days for medical purposes
11.06.2009 / 15:45
Particulars of the application for issue of the visa:
- a travel document;
- 2 photograph;
- a completed form “Application for long-stay Visa”;
- funds to cover the cost of stay in the territory;
- a document confirming the purpose of stay in the territory of the Czech Republic, namely:
- a certificate of acceptance for treatment issued by a medical establishment;
- a document confirming the availability of accommodation for the period of stay in the territory of the Czech Republic:
The document confirming the availability of accommodation means a document by which you prove the availability of accommodation and which indicates that the accommodation will be provided for the required period of stay from - to or for an unlimited period, i.e. document about ownership of an apartment or a house, document confirming the right to use an apartment or a house (e.g. accommodation, lease or sublease agreement) or confirmed written approval of the owner to use an apartment or a house, with the owner´s verified signature.
The accommodation can be arranged only in a piece of property that is properly signed with an evidence number and is designated to provide housing, accmodation or recreation.
- an excerpt from the Penal Register (or another similar document) issued by the state whose national you are, as well as by states where you stayed for more than 6 consecutive months in the last 3 years. This shall not apply to an alien younger than 15 years of age; a foreign document must be appropriately certified unless stipulated otherwise by an international treaty that is binding for the Czech Republic, and accompanied by an official translation into Czech;
- a medical report certifying that you do not suffer from a serious disease (if requested by the diplomatic mission);
- travel medical insurance for an amount of at least 60,000 EUR, covering the territory of the Czech Republic (such insurance shall be presented before affixing the visa in the passport); the medical insurance contract and the information about insurance conditions should be translated by a certified translator. For more information click here.
- a proof of payment of the fee for submission of the visa application