Visa for a stay over 90 days for the purpose of employment
11.06.2009 / 15:30
Particulars of the application for issue of the visa
- a travel document;
- 2 photograph;
- a completed form “Application for long-stay Visa”;
- a document confirming the purpose of the stay in the territory of the Czech Republic, namely:
- a copy of the employment permit issued by a labour office in the Czech Republic. This document shall also support the application of a partner/member, the statutory body or a member of a statutory or other body of a company who perform for the company day-to-day tasks resulting from the object of business activities of the company as the legal entity, or the application of a member of a cooperative or a statutory or other body of the cooperative who performs for the cooperative day-to-day tasks resulting from the object of business activities of the cooperative as the legal entity; or
- a document proving the fulfilment of the condition stipulated in Section 98 of Act No. 435/2004 Coll. on employment, i.e. that the alien's employment does not require an employment permit issued by a labour office in the Czech Republic;
- a document confirming the availability of accommodation for the period of stay in the territory of the Czech Republic:
The document confirming the availability of accommodation means a document by which you prove the availability of accommodation and which indicates that the accommodation will be provided for the required period of stay from - to or for an unlimited period, i.e. document about ownership of an apartment or a house, document confirming the right to use an apartment or a house (e.g. accommodation, lease or sublease agreement) or confirmed written approval of the owner to use an apartment or a house, with the owner´s verified signature.
The accommodation can be arranged only in a piece of property that is properly signed with an evidence number and is designated to provide housing, accmodation or recreation.
- an excerpt from the Penal Register (or another similar document) issued by the state whose national you are, as well as by states where you stayed for more than 6 consecutive months in the last 3 years. This shall not apply to an alien younger than 15 years of age; a foreign document must be appropriately certified unless stipulated otherwise by an international treaty that is binding for the Czech Republic, and accompanied by an official translation into Czech;
- a medical report certifying that you do not suffer from a serious disease (if requested by the diplomatic mission);
- travel medical insurance for an amount of at least 60,000 EUR, covering the territory of the Czech Republic – submitted only for the period from the arrival in the territory until the start of the employment, if applicable (such insurance shall be presented before affixing the visa in the passport); the medical insurance contract and the information about insurance conditions should be translated by a certified translator. For more information click here.
- a proof of payment of the fee for submission of the visa application