Visa for a stay over 90 days for the purpose of study
11.06.2009 / 15:45
Particulars of the application for issue of the visa
- a travel document;
- 2 photograph;
- a completed form “Application for long-stay Visa”;
- funds to cover the cost of stay in the territory;
- a document confirming the purpose of stay in the territory of the Czech Republic. Such documents include, in particular:
- a certified copy of a document on enrolment for studies issued by the relevant school or a proof of study issued by a legal entity pursuant to Section 64 of Act No, 326/1999 Coll.:
- a certified copy of a document issued by a local university in case of participation in a language and vocational preparation for the study in an accredited university study programme organized by a public university, or a participation in a language and vocational training organized as a part of an EU programme or under an international treaty;
- a certified copy of a document issued by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic (“MEYS CR”) in case of participation in consultations and exchange of experience, in an exchange study stay and in artistic, methodological and other specialized courses and educational events;
- a certified copy of a document issued by a local university, by the Academy of Science of the Czech Republic, by a local secondary school or vocational college, vocational training centre, a special school or an organization accredited by the MEYS CR (www.msmt.cz), in case of participation in a practical vocational training designated to obtain practical professional experience;
- a certified copy of a document issued by the MEYS CR in case of vocational practical training and volunteer service of youth designated for obtaining practical professional experience, which takes place in a domestic host organization, provided that it is held as a part of an EU project, programme or incentive and is organized or coordinated by a local organization accredited by the MEYS CR for such purpose;,
- a certified copy of a document issued by the MEYS CR in case of participation in exchange of experience and study stays of persons responsible for education and human resources development, provided that such activities are performed as a part of EU programmes or initiatives or under international treaties;
- a document confirming the availability of accommodation for the period of stay in the territory of the Czech Republic:
The document confirming the availability of accommodation means a document by which you prove the availability of accommodation and which indicates that the accommodation will be provided for the required period of stay from - to or for an unlimited period, i.e. document about ownership of an apartment or a house, document confirming the right to use an apartment or a house (e.g. accommodation, lease or sublease agreement) or confirmed written approval of the owner to use an apartment or a house, with the owner´s verified signature.
The accommodation can be arranged only in a piece of property that is properly signed with an evidence number and is designated to provide housing, accmodation or recreation.
- an excerpt from the Penal Register (or another similar document) issued by the state whose national you are, as well as by states where you stayed for more than 6 consecutive months in the last 3 years. This shall not apply to an alien younger than 15 years of age; a foreign document must be appropriately certified unless stipulated otherwise by an international treaty that is binding for the Czech Republic, and accompanied by an official translation into Czech;
- a medical report certifying that you do not suffer from a serious disease (if requested by the diplomatic mission);
- travel medical insurance for an amount of at least 60,000 EUR, covering the territory of the Czech Republic (such insurance shall be presented before affixing the visa in the passport); the medical insurance contract and the information about insurance conditions should be translated by a certified translator. For more information click here.
- a proof of payment of the fee for submission of the visa application
Project “Fast track for students from the third countries applying for the long-term visa/long-term residence with the purpose of study”
Ministry of Foreign Affairs informs that the project “Fast track for students from the third countries applying for the long-term visa/long-term residence with the purpose of study” was introduced on June 1, 2013. The aim of the project is speeding up the procedure of processing the applications for a long term visa or long-term residence studying on the base of:
a) bilateral international treaties (holders of the decision of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports on granting scholarship, holders of the certificate on the acceptance by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports
b) decision of the Czech government on the scholarships for the students from developing countries and countrymen
c) multilateral international treaties – CEEPUS, International Visegrad Fund
The project starts on June 2013 and will be terminated immediately when the new law on residence of the citizens of the third countries enters into power. The visa applications of the students who will be enlisted in the project will be processed as fast as possible so that they can start their studies in the Czech Republic at the earliest convenient time.