Long-term residence permit for the purpose of scientific research
12.06.2009 / 12:15
An application for long-term residence for the purpose of scientific research is filed at a diplomatic mission if you have concluded a hosting agreement with a research organization and intend to reside temporarily in the territory for more than 3 months (the “researcher”).
In the course of his stay in the territory based on a visa for a stay over 90 days or of a long-term residence permit issued for another purpose, the researcher may file the application for long-term residence for scientific research purposes with the Department for Asylum and Migration Policy of the Ministry of Interior in the territory.
Particulars of the application:
- a completed application form;
- a travel document;
- two photographs;
- a hosting agreement;
- a written commitment of the research organization to cover any costs incurred in connection with the researcher's stay in the territory after the expiration of the residence permit, including costs incurred in connection with his leaving the territory, provided that such costs have been incurred within 6 months after the expiration of the hosting agreement and have been paid from public funds;
- an excerpt from the Penal Register to assess your criminal record, issued by the state whose national you are, as well as by states where you stayed for more than 6 consecutive months in the last 3 years, or a solemn declaration if such state does not issue such document. A foreign document must be appropriately certified unless stipulated otherwise by an international treaty that is binding for the Czech Republic, and accompanied by an official translation into Czech;
- a medical report certifying that you do not suffer from a serious disease (if requested);
- travel medical insurance (in case medical insurance is not covered by the host organisation) for an amount of at least 60,000 EUR, covering the entire Schengen Area (such insurance shall be presented before affixing the visa in the passport; however, we recommend presenting the insurance at the time of submission of the visa application); the medical insurance contract and the information about insurance conditions should be translated by a certified translator.
- a proof of payment of the fee for submission of the application for a long-term residence permit