Airport transit visa
01.10.2014 / 12:45
An airport visa is issued for transit through one of the international airports in the Czech Republic. It is issued to citizens or holders of travel documents of one of the following states:
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Palestinian National Authority
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
Following categories of aliens are exempt from the requirement to possess airport transit visa:
- holders of Schengen (short-term) visa;
- holders of long-term visa or long-term residence permit;
- holders of residence permit in Andorra, Canada, Japan, San Marino, United States;
- holders of visa for stay in the states of the EEA, Canada, Japan, United States;
- family members of the EU citizens;
- holders of diplomatic passports;
- crew members who are citizens of the states party to the ICAO.
Airport transit visa is issued either as a one-way visa (one entry) or two-way visa (two-entries). Time period for which it can be issued is maximum of 6 months.
Visa application requirements:
- travel document;
- documents concerning the journey to the continuing or final destination (air plane ticket or visa – if it is required);
- information which will allow to ascertain lack of intention to stay on the territory of the Czech Republic/Schengen area;
- fee – for the list of fees, click here.