Statement of the MFA on the Published Report of U.S. Intelligence Services on the Nuclear Military Programme of Iran
06.12.2007 / 09:08
According to the Report Iran did develop a secret nuclear military programme, stopped it in 2003 and is able of renewing it at any moment....(6/12/2007)
1) According to the Report Iran did develop a secret nuclear
military programme, stopped it in 2003 and is able of renewing it
at any moment.
2) The abortion of the programme is a confirmation of the successful international community pressure and this pressure concerning the nuclear programme of Iran should continue in the future.
3) According to the Report Iran will be probably able of producing sufficient quantity of nuclear material for a nuclear bomb between 2010 and 2015. That corresponds to current estimations. In this time schedule the European pillar of antimissile defense should be in place.
4) The Report covers the nuclear programme, not the programme of missile carriers development. This programme continues, as it was confirmed recently by Iran announcing a test of the Ashura solid-fueled ballistic missile.
5) For these reasons the Report of the U.S. intelligence services will not influence the position of the Czech Government on further negotiations with the USA concerning a possible location of a radar base on the Czech territory.