Expedited procedure for some long-stay visa applicants (medical reasons only)
22.10.2012 / 15:51
Citizens of selected countries who suffer various medical conditions and diseases may apply for a Czech long-stay visa for the purpose of "medical reasons" in an expedited procedure.
The expedited processing of a long-stay visa application applies to applicants who:
- are citizens and passport holders of the following countries: United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman,
- suffer a condition/disease listed in the Annex to the Decree of Ministry of Health No. 267/2012 Coll. and at the same time do not suffer a serious disease as defined in the Decree of Ministry of Health No. 274/2004 Coll., and
- have been approved for the project by any of these providers of medical services: Lázně Darkov, Léčebné lázně Jáchymov, THERMAL-F and Lázně Teplice v Čechách.
Applicants must submit their visa applications with all the regular requirements, with the following exceptions:
- no proof of purpose of stay is required from the applicant
- proof of financial funds need not be translated in Czech if submitted in English
The project also applies to accompanying persons (at most two) if the patient's medical condition requires their constant assistance in the Czech Republic.
Please contact our embassy or consulate general in Toronto to learn more about the procedure.