Information for applicants for a Schengen visa (short-term visa up to 90 days).
Visa fee for adults – AUGUST 2014 – 857 ZAR
Visa fee for children between 6 and 12 years old – AUGUST 2014 – 500 ZAR
Visas will be issued free of charge for children under the age of 6 and for spouses of EU/EEA citizens and their children under the age of 21.
Please note that the visa fee changes every month!
The visa fee must be paid on the same day when the application is submitted at the Embassy by bank transfer (EFT) into the Embassy account.
No transfers from foreign banks or in foreign currencies are allowed, only transfers from the Republic of South Africa in ZAR will be accepted.
Account holder: Embassy of the Czech Republic
Account No.: 9193700087
Branch: Brooklyn, Pretoria East
Branch No.: 632005
Reference: applicant´s SURNAME followed by space and INITIAL(S)
A proof of payment must be submitted together with the visa application.
For applicants who don’t have a bank account in the Republic of South Africa, the payment of the visa fee in cash upon submitting application at the Embassy is allowed. Please avoid deposits in cash into the Embassy bank account.
SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION
Where and when:
Visa and Consular Office
Embassy of the Czech Republic
936 Pretorius Street, Arcadia, Pretoria
Office hours: Mon-Thu 9:00-12:00
Phone: 012 431 2380
Fax: 012 431 2398
ALL VISA APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS IN PERSON.
No appointment is needed for individuals. For groups over 7 persons special arrangements and an appointment have to be made in advance.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE THEIR FINGERPRINTS UPON SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION. EXEMPTIONS ARE PROVIDED FOR:
- children under the age of 12;
- persons for whom the collection of fingerprints is physically impossible;
- Heads of State and members of national Governments, with accompanying spouses, and the members of their official delegation when they are invited by Member States' governments or by international organisations for an official purpose;
- Sovereigns and other senior members of the royal family, when they are invited by Member States' governments or by international organisations for an official purpose.
Processing time of an application is usually two (2) calendar weeks. The Embassy of the Czech Republic recommends applying for a visa three (3) or more weeks before the date of departure! An application cannot be lodged earlier than three (3) months before the start of the intended visit.
ALL DOCUMENTS HAVE TO BE PRODUCED IN ORIGINAL. ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH THE COMPLETE FILE OF FOLLOWING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please note that every person must submit all required forms individually. For example: A group cannot share one invitation letter, each individual must have one.
- A filled in checklist (attached below).
- An original application form for Schengen visa (A4) (www.mzv.cz/visaform) filled in completely and legibly and signed by the applicant (or the legal guardian for children).
- A proof of payment of the visa fee.
- A passport valid for 90 days after the applicant’s last day of stay in Schengen territory, with two blank visa pages for the visa sticker. Please note that the Czech Republic DOES NOT accept South African Temporary passports.
- A copy of the passport (only the data page with the photograph and the signature).
- A recent passport sized photograph (3,5 x 4,5 cm) in colour to be glued, do not staple.
- A proof of financial funds for the stay at the territory of Schengen states, e.g. recent bank account statements showing movements over the last 3 months.
- A round trip air-ticket and itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying an entry to and an exit from the territory of Schengen states. If more than one entry is required, a reason must be provided.
- Proof of a valid travel health insurance for the entire duration of the stay in the Schengen territory – a letter from the insurance company covering medical expenses, including emergency hospital treatment and repatriation (transportation) to the home country/country of residence, stating the name of the person, the policy number, the period of cover and the medical coverage equivalent of 30.000 EUR. List of insurance companies which meet the criteria of Art. 15 of the Visa Code “Travel Medical Insurance” is attached below.
- Proof of accommodation in all Schengen countries visited during the trip.
- Visa of the final / main (with the longest stay) country of destination must be obtained (if needed) before applying for a Schengen visa.
- A certified parental consent from both parents is required for children under the age of 18 travelling alone. If a child travels with only one parent, the other parent must produce a notarised (certified) consent. For pupils and students – an original letter from a school, a college or a university.
- Official Invitation from the person to be visited, if applicable, certified by the Alien Police inspectorate in the Czech Republic (it is required when a physical or a legal person invites the applicant to the Czech Republic and provides accommodation, financial support or other from the requirements list).
- For business trips, an official business letter from a company in the Czech Republic, eventually in other Schengen countries, and from the employer, stating the purpose of the visit must be presented.
- Spouses of EU/EEA citizens and their children under the age of 21: Full Marriage or Full Birth certificatesmust be submitted with the application as a proof of the relationship with a EU/EEA spouse/parent.