A Guide for Czech Long-term Visa Applicants
17.12.2013 / 01:24
For a specific purpose/purposes of your stay in the Czech Republic, please choose following link and check please very carefully the information underneath with above mentioned changes before you submit your visa application: http://www.mzv.cz/jnp/en/information_for_aliens/long_stay_visa/index.html
All visas have to be approved by the Czech Immigration Police. The processing time for the student visa lasts approximately
- 60 days for accredited students programs
- 90 days for non-accredited student programs
from the date the Consul receives the fully completed application. Therefore, the Consul strongly recommends to applicants to submit the applications as early as you can with reserve an interview.
Please understand that the Embassy is not able to speed up the process or follow up on it as it is handled by the authorities in the Czech Republic.
How to make an appointment
email reservation: email@example.com (Including your name and requesting type of visa in subject line is a MUST.)
please state more details about your nationality, purpose of your trip, departure/arrival dates and your actual contact numbers etc.
"NOTE: We request to submit copies of all supporting documents."
1. Completed application form
- The form "Application for Long-Stay Visa" must be filled out completely with a ball point pen or on a typewriter.
Please do not forget
- to sign the application in the place indicated at the bottom of the fifth page and
- to include your phone number and e-mail address for future communication.
2. Two recent passport photographs
You must submit
- your original passport or official travel document recognized by the Schengen countries with a validity exceeding your intended stay by at least 3 months andissued within the last 10 years,
- copy of the data page of the passport (the page with your personal data and photo).
- Please make sure that your passport has at least two blank pages (for affixing a visa and administrative purposes).
4. Proof of sufficient financial resources
You need to submit (please note that all documents must be translated into the Czech language, except the original bank records):
- bank statement and 6 months income/outcome records
- An copy of the internationally recognized debit/credit card on your name with a validity during your stay in the Czech Republic + an original of a corresponding bank account statement held on your name
- additional document confirming that you can use the financial funds during a stay in the Czech Republic (e.g. an original letter from the family member confirming the financial support during your stay in the Czech Republic signed by a person who will support you /notarized signature/ plus an original or notarized bank statement).
5. Proof of the purpose of your stay
- STUDENT: The original or notarized copy of a document certifying acceptance into a study program issued by a Czech university or school. This document must be in the Czech language.
- EMPLOYMENT: The notarized copy of a work permit ("Povolení k zaměstnání") issued by the Employment Administration Office (EAO) in the Czech Republic,
6. Proof of your accommodation
- STUDENT: A document issued by a Czech university or school verifying your accommodation for the duration of your studies
- an original statement from the owner of an apartment or a house stating his or her ability and willingness to provide the accommodation (private accommodation), or
- a lease agreement for an apartment or a house, or
- a lease agreement and an affidavit signed by the owner of an apartment or a house confirming the sublet.
- The original or notarized copy of any of the mentioned documents must be submitted.
- The copies and signature of the owner must be notarized by a Notary Public in the Czech Republic.
- The documents confiming your accomodation must be in Czech language.
7. Criminal History Background
- Non Korean citizens: You need to submit a Criminal History Record from the country of your nationality
and from the countries you stayed more than 6 months in the past.
- Apostile should be attached on the back side of all original Criminal History Records
- Criminal History Records must be translated/verifed into the Czech language
8. Travel Medical Insurance
accepted insurance companies:
- Pojišťovna VZP, a.s. (www.pvzp.cz, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- CIGMA Life Insurance(CLICECZEU, CLICECZNA, CLICECZRF)
- It is valid throughout the Czech Republic/Schengen territory.
- It is valid during the entire period that you will be in the Czech Republic territory.
- The coverage is at least € 60,000 for each items.
- The coverage includes evacuation, repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical care and/or emergency treatment in a hospital.
9. Airplane reservation for arrival in Czech and departure from Czech
10. Visa application fee
The fee must be paid in Korean WON. The fee may change without prior notice.
- Visa fees vary depending upon the exchange rate between the Czech and Korea currency)
- Visa fees are non-refundable
IMPORTANT: Additional documents may be required!!!
Please note: The Consular Department has full authority to evaluate and request more documents than those submitted by the applicant. The applicant is hereby informed that submitting the aforementioned documents does not guarantee automatic issuance of the visa.