Consulate of the Czech Republic in Sydney

česky  english 

Advanced search

Article notification Print Decrease font size Increase font size

Long term stay ( for more than 90 days)

Here you can find information on long term stays for entrepreneurs, workers or empoyees, students and other who would like to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 90 days

In case you would like to stay within the territory of the Czech Republic for more than 90 days (maximum 180 days) you have to apply for the long stay visa (visa over 90 days - type D). This type of the visa may be transferred to residence permit once you are in the Czech Republic

This type of visa is only valid for the Czech Republic and entitles the holder to transit through the Schengen area.

Requirements depend on the purpose of your visit and therefore select one of the following categories:


Family members of a citizen of the European Union
In case you are the family members (spouse, children younger than 21 year of age, parents of a child younger than 21 year of age) of citizen of any country of the European Union you may not apply for this type of visa at our Consulate and you have to apply in the Czech Republic.