CZECHINVEST - ATTRACTING THE INVESTMENTS
14.01.2010 / 12:15
(This article expired 28.12.2012.)
CzechInvest, the Investment and Business Development Agency, is an investment promotion agency of the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
2nd Czech Israel Technology Days 2009 - 7 - 9th December, Prague, Czech Republic
The goal of the upcoming Technology Days was to bring together Czech and Israeli progressive hi-tech companies, potential partners, and to enhance their possible cooperation in the field of R&D. The program of CITD was also focused on the discussion about the Agreement between Czech and Israeli Governments on mutual support of industrial R&D in the private sector, which was signed in the spring of this year and which entered into force in October 2009. This event was already second of its kind, following the 1st Czech Israel Technology Days 2008 taking a place in Israel.
CzechInvest's services to foreign investors
CzechInvest, the Investment and Business Development Agency, is an agency of the Ministry of Industry and Trade. Established in 1992, the agency contributes to attracting foreign investment and developing domestic companies through its services and development programmes. CzechInvest also promotes the Czech Republic abroad and acts as an intermediary between the EU and small and medium-sized enterprises in implementing structural funds in the Czech Republic. CzechInvest offers to the potential investors a range of comprehensive services free of charge. These services include:
- Information provision
- Assistance in application for investment incentives
- Assistance in selection of potential building plots
- Aid with finding suitable production facilities or joint-venture partners
- Business infrastructure development
- Assistance in finding potential Czech suppliers
- Assistance in dealing with bureaucracy at both national and local levels
- Organizational aid and execution of visit programmes
- Post-investment care
- Access to Structural Funds (depending on the elegibility)
- Major investment projects aided by Czechinvest include investments by AssiDomän, AVX, Celestica, Dovatron, Ford, Matsushita, Nemak, Philips, PLM, Sagem, Showa, Toray, and others.
CzechInvest has headquarters in Prague and offices around the world, e.g. in the United Kingdom ( London), Germany (Köln), France ( Paris), the United States ( Chicago and Silicon Valley), Japan ( Yokohama) and Belgium ( Brussels).