Embassy of the Czech Republic in Tel Aviv

česky  english 

Advanced search

Loss of passport - how to proceed

Report the loss or theft of a passport of the Czech Republic or any identification document immediately to the municipal office which issued it or to the Embassy.


Obtain a police report in case of theft.


Temporary Travel Document

In case of loss or theft of passport while temporarily in Israel, the Embassy will issue a temporary travel document, which serves primarily for the return to the Czech Republic. When applying, bring any proof of identification and two photos. We recommend to Czech tourists in Israel to carry a copy of the passport and two photos - this will simplify the application procedure. If the passport was stolen, report the theft to the nearest police station and attach the report to the application. Application forms are available at the Embassy. A fee of 400 CZK (approx. 80 NIS) applies.