Invitation for Children to participate in the 42th International Children’s Exhibition of Fine Art Lidice 2014
14.02.2014 / 01:35
It was established in 1967 to commemorate the child victims from the Czech village of Lidice, who had been murdered by German Nazis, as well as other children who had died in wars.
During its history, this exhibition has acquired renown and became one of the largest and oldest exhibition of children’s art in Europe as well as in the world.
The Lidice Memorial under the auspices of
- Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic
- Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports of the Czech Republic
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
- Czech Commission for UNESCO
- Czech Centres
As 2014 has been declared by the United Nations the International Year of Family Farming, the Czech Commission for UNESCO has suggested dedicating the 42nd edition of the exhibition to the theme:
FAMILY FARMING, or OUR GARDEN AND FIELD
- The plants grown in the fields by my family, my grandma and grandpa, my neighbours
- What we get from our field, orchard, vegetable or herb garden, what we grow and why
- What I can grow myself (may it be only in a flower pot)
- What farmers do and what is the life of farmers like (also in contrast to city life)
- What machines help in the garden, in the farm?
- Domestic animals, their dwelling, what they are fed with, how they are kept and what they bring us and how they help us in turn
- Enemies of our orchard, field, garden or domestic animals
- The past and present of farming – how our ancestors ran their farms
- Changes in our field or garden in the course of the year
- Farmers’ market or Grandma’s pantry – what can be made of the fruits for winter season
- We care for the landscape, we live in harmony with it
- Drawing, painting
Films, video recordings, photographs documenting art events or projects as well as series of entries that need to be installed together are ineligible for the exhibition.
- The exhibition is open only to children at age of 4 to 16.
- The maximum format of a 2D entry is 70 x 50 cm.
- A maximum of two entries of the same technique (painting, drawing, photography) by one artist is accepted; however, one artist can send in entries of different techniques.
- A good-quality photo paper must be used for photographs.
- The entries employing colours that can be dusted or wiped off or that could dirty other entries when dealt with together must be fixated (pastel etc.).
- Only original copies are acceptable. Copies, xerox copies or electronic copies will not be eligible for assessment.
- Only such entries will be eligible for assessment that sticks to the theme set for the edition.
- Larger entries, mounted entries and entries lacking a proper label will be excluded.
The organizer reserves the right to use the received entries for other non-commercial exhibitions and charitable events and to reproduce them in print. The entries will not be given back.
LABELLING THE ENTRIES:
- Every entry must have directly on its reverse side the following information
· Name and surname of the child (please, give it in the following order: (1) name, (2) surname)
· Age and sex of the child
· Full name and address of the school or organization of which the child is a representative
· Give the address in the following order: name of the school, street, number, postal code, town, country. An announcement of an award will be sent to this address. Do not state private addresses of children.
· An e-mail address of the organization responsible for correspondence related to the exhibition
· Please, state an e-mail address of the school or organization or other e-mail address you can be contacted at (art teacher).
- Descriptions must be LEGIBLE, written IN CAPITALS and IN ROMAN ALPHABET.
TIME SCHEDULE OF THE EXHIBITION:
- 28 February 2014 - closing date of the 42ndedition
- 27 - 29 March 2014 – 1st round session of the panel of expert judges
- 3 - 5 April 2014 – 2nd round session of the panel of expert judges
- 10 May 2014 – results of the exhibition published at www.mdvv-lidice.cz
- 28 May 2014 - OPENING - ceremonial opening of the exhibition and prize awards to the Czech laureates and selected foreign ones
- 29 May – 31 October 2014 – exhibition of the awarded entries at the Lidice Gallery.
- June 2014 – distribution of prizes, catalogues and invitations to participate in the next edition to the winning schools and children in the Czech and Slovak Republics, and of letters of thanks to the non-winning schools in the Czech and Slovak Republics
- September – December 2014 – prizes, catalogues and invitations to participate in the next edition for foreign child winners are dispatched to Czech embassies, which ensure the prizes being handed over (by person or by post)