Ĩesky  english 

Advanced search

D / VR - transfer of visa into a passport

If you are a holder of a long-term visa or long-term or permanent residence permit and your passport has expired or has been lost or stolen, you can file an application at the Embassy of the Czech Republic, which has issued this visa or permit, for the transfer of the visa sticker into a new passport.

You can also apply for a visa for the purpose  of collecting a residence permit - D/VR, if the validity of a long-term residence permit or visa expires in the course of proceedings on a legitimate newly filed application, or after approving applications for a long-term residence permit filed at an embassy, to return/enter the Czech Republic.

What you need :

  • application form Form Long-Term Permit (PDF, 815 KB
  • valid passport
  • photo
  • copy of the old passport and visa – if available/applicable
  • the processing number issued by the Ministry of Interior (OAMP) for the renewal of your residence permit - if applicable

You need to request an appointment by email to visa_abudhabi@mzv.cz and state that you need a D/VR transfer visa. Make sure to confirm your appointment in order to guarantee your timeslot.



Form Long-Term Permit 814 KB PDF (Adobe Acrobat document) Jun 4, 2020