česky  english 

Advanced search
Article notification Print Decrease font size Increase font size

Third-country nationals with EU residence permit travelling to the Czech republic

A Schengen visa is a visa issued by one of the participating countries to third country nationals.

The third-country nationals can stay in the Czech Republic without a visa for a period not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period under the condition that they are in possession of a valid travel document and a residence permit (long-term or permanent) issued by another Schengen state, or a type-D long-term visa issued by another Schengen state.

An application for a long-term visa for over 90 days can be filed at a Czech Embassy abroad. You are obliged to file the application only at the Czech Embassy in the state of which you are a citizen or which issued your current travel document or in the state in which you have a long-term or permanent residence permit. The Consular Section Czech Embassy in Brussels accepts visa applications of citizens of third countries who are granted long-term or permanent residence in France, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.

You do not have to meet these conditions if you are a citizen of a state presented in the list of countries whose nationals are entitled to file an application for a long-term visa at any Czech Embassy whatsoever (Decree No. 429/2010 Coll.).


An appointment can be made by sending an e-mail enquiry to consulary_brussels@mzv.cz