Ĩesky  english 

Advanced search

D / VR - transfer of visa/residence permit into a passport

If you are a holder of a long-term visa or long-term or permanent residence permit and your passport has expired or has been lost or stolen, you can file an application at the Embassy of the Czech Republic, which has issued this visa or permit, for the transfer of the visa sticker into a new passport.

You can also apply for a visa for collecting a residence permit - D/VR, if the validity of a long-term residence permit or visa expires in the course of proceedings on a legitimate newly filed application, or after approving applications for a long-term residence permit filed at an embassy, to return/enter the Czech Republic.
You need to request an appointment by email to consulate_cairo@mzv.cz the email must contain your name, surname and state that you need a D/VR transfer visa OR collecting your residence permit.

What you need to submit:

  1. Fill in the Long-term visa form.
  2. Photo (white background).
  3. Passport.

No other requirements are necessary.

This visa is conferred ex officio in the shortest time possible (the procedures might takes from 4 days up to 3 weeks based on the decision of MOI).

The visa is issued with a validity of 6 months and it entitles the foreigner to a residence for a maximum stay of 60 days. After travelling to the Czech Republic, it is necessary to report to the MOI  within 3 working days for the subsequent acts.

The embassy will request you to submit proof of medical travel insurance.