česky  english 

Advanced search

Long - Term Residence Permit

Long-stay residence permit is issued to applicants who plan to stay in the territory of the Czech Republic for more than 3 months for the purpose of 1. studies, 2. scientific research, 3. employment (employee card, blue card) or 4. family reunification. Special categories of applicants are residents in other EU member states and family members of EU citizens. The long-stay residence permit allows its holder to visit and stay in other countries of the Schengen area for maximum 90 days within any 180-day period.

Long-Term Residence Permit application - Study

Long-term residence permit is issued to students of accredited study programmes at Czech higher education institutions. more ►

General information on Long-Term Residence Permits

Long-Term Visa vs. Residence Permit

Both the long-term visa and the long-term residence permit are issued when the stay on the territory of the Czech Republic is expected to exceed 3 months. In general, the long-stay visa is primarily intended for persons who expect to stay in the… more ►