česky  english 

Advanced search
Article notification Print Decrease font size Increase font size

Canadian Aerospace Incoming Trade Mission to the Czech Republic

On March 4-10, 2018, Canadian delegation from the provinces of Québec and Ontario visited the Czech Republic in the occasion of the Canadian Aerospace Incoming Mission to the Czech Republic. The complete program of business mission to Prague, Brno, Kunovice and Uherské Hradiště was organized by the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Ottawa, in cooperation with the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic, the Association of Aircraft and Cosmic Producers of the Czech Republic, the Moravian Aircraft Cluster, the CzechInvest Prague and the Canadian Embassy in Prague.
Several major companies from Canadian aviation industry participated at the mission  - Bombardier, Inc., MHI Canada Aerospace, Inc., Cyclone MFG, Inc., CAE, Inc., as well as representatives of Canadian technology institutions focused on the aerospace sector - École de technology supérieure (ÉTS) and the Consorcium de recherche et d´innovation en aérospatiale au Québec (CRIAQ).  

Both Canada and the Czech Republic have long been associated with the air transport industry, for both countries this sector is very important, and it is also a strong part of our Industry Opportunities Map (MOP) in relation to Canada. The aerospace industry is very important for the Canadian economy, nearly 70 % of the whole aircraft sector involves the production of aircrafts and their components, remaining 30 % are in service (repair, maintenance). In the Czech Republic, the aerospace industry is also an unavoidable part of foreign trade, thanks to the development of high-quality and reliable aircraft components. The Czech Republic is one of the four largest manufacturers of light sport airplanes in the world, there are centers of science and research and the Czech Republic is an active member of the European Space Agency (since 2012 Prague is a home to the administrative center of the Galileo satellite navigation system).

The Canadian Aerospace Incoming Mission to the Czech Republic successfully followed the previous aerospace mission, which took place in May 2017 to the provinces of Québec and Ontario. Several dominant Czech companies and associations participated in this mission (5M, ERA, Jihostroj and others).

The goal of this year's mission was to establish new partnerships, to present the Czech aerospace industry to companies that are number one on the market and, above all, to strengthen the position of the Czech Republic on the global market.

The members of the Canadian delegation were Bombardier, Inc., the world's leading aircraft manufacturer, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Aerospace, Inc., the leading manufacturer and supplier of aviation structures, Cyclone MFG, Inc., the manufacturer of air components (axles, metal plates), CAE, Inc., the world leader in training in civil and defense aviation, and representatives of major research and innovation organizations in Canadian aviation sector - ÉTS and CARIC / CRIAQ. The Canadian participants in the Czech Republic, in addition to representative of the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Ottawa, were accompanied by Canadian expert consultants focusing on the aerospace industry - Martin Baillargeon, Prefix Aerospace, Inc. from Montréal and Tony Karadimas, Tranlingo Business Services Corp. from Toronto.

Josef Dvoracek, Economic Diplomat
Embassy of the Czech Republic in Ottawa