Ĩesky  english  shqip 

Advanced search

Employment Card and Blue Card

Employee Cards are intended for foreigners who will work in the Czech Republic for a period longer than three month. Employee card is a form of a long-term residence permit. Blue Card is designed for specialized professions requiring university degree.   

Applications for Employee Cards/Blue Cards are submitted at the diplomatic missions of the Czech Republic according to the consular territorial competence. If you apply in Albania, kindly make an appointment at the Czech Embassy in Tirana by e-mail: visa_tirana@mzv.cz (please see the instructions in Chapter Visa and Consular Information). The diplomatic mission forwards the application to the Ministry of the Interior for evaluation and decision. If the application is evaluated positively, the diplomatic mission where the application was filled issues a long-term visa for the purpose of collecting the Employee Card. The foreigner collects the Employee Card after the arrival to the Czech Republic at the Ministry of the Interior.


Employee Card application requirements:

·       application form

·       travel document

·       2 photos

·       biometric features – fingerprints

·       fee ( approx. 200 EUR, according to the exchange rate)

·       supporting documents proving

o   purpose of stay (employment contract, work agreement or agreement on future agreement, document proving qualification – if required)

o   accommodation (for example rent agreement etc.)

o   financial means (for example bank statement and international credit card etc.)

·       criminal record extract issued by the state of the applicant´s citizenship and by the state where the applicant resided in the last three years for more than six months

·       upon request a document proving fulfillment of measures against spread of infectious disease

·       travel health insurance – in case of visa issuance


Detailed information about an Employee Card/Blue Card application and is available at the web site of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs of the Czech Republic.


Legal sources:

·       Act No 326/1999 Coll., on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic

·       Act No 435/2014Coll., on Employment