česky  english 

Advanced search
Article notification Print Decrease font size Increase font size

Permanent residence permit for persons with Czech origin

(This article expired 29.06.2019.)

Foreign nationals that have proven Czech origins, may apply for a permanent residence permit for reasons worthy of consideration pursuant to § 66/1/b of the Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals, without meeting the condition of prior continuous residence in the Czech Republic.

The spouse or minor child of the given foreign national may also apply for the same kind of residence permit.

The application for permanent residence is filed at the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Washington.

The following requirements must be submitted with the application:

  1. A travel document  
  2. Proof of Czech origin
  3. 2 photographs
  4. Proof of accommodation
  5. Proof of funds
  6. Upon request a document similar to an extract from the Penal Registerrecord
  7. Upon request a medical report

If the applicant is a minor child, submit the consent of a parent or any other statutory representative or guardian to the permanent residence of a child in the Czech Republic if the family reunification with such parent, statutory representative or guardian is not concerned; this provision shall not apply if a foreign national proves that he/she is a unable to submit such document due to reasons beyond his/her control.

It is further necessary to supplement the application with a written substantiation, part of which shall be your curriculum vitae, in which you give other reasons worthy of consideration for your application for a permanent residence permit apart from Czech origins. Here is a scheme for elaborating the substantiation and the curriculum vitae. The spouse or minor child of an applicant further submits a document confirming the relationship with the applicant and a notarised copy or original of the confirmation of his belonging to the Czech community.

The requirements for the application shall not be older than 180 days except for the travel document, the birth certificate, the marriage certificate and the photograph of the foreign national if it corresponds to his/her actual appearance. 

You can find the detailed information on the website of the Ministry of Interior.