Invitation for Children to participate in the 41st International Children’s Exhibition of Fine Art Lidice 2013
19.12.2012 / 01:35
It was established in 1967 to commemorate the child victims from the Czech village of Lidice, who had been murdered by German Nazis, as well as other children who had died in wars.
During its history, this exhibition has acquired renown and became one of the largest and oldest exhibition of children’s art in Europe as well as in the world.
The Lidice Memorial under the auspices of
- Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic
- Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports of the Czech Republic
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
- Czech Commission for UNESCO
- Czech Centres
The year 2013 marks the 10th anniversary of a global convention protecting folk art, crafts, ceremonies and traditional knowledge – the Convention for the Safeguarding of Intangible Cultural Heritage. At the occasion of the anniversary of this extraordinary and popular convention, UNESCO suggested dedicating the 41st edition of the exhibition to the theme:
TRADITIONS AND HERITAGE OF MY COUNTRY’S PEOPLE
- Traditional clothing in my country
- Beautiful things made by craftsmen in my country
- Village dances
- Village wedding
- Folk legends of my country - What are they about?
- Folk customs, ceremonies and traditions in the course of the year
- Drawing, painting
Films, video recordings, photographs documenting art events or projects as well as series of entries that need to be installed together are ineligible for the exhibition.
- The exhibition is open only to children at age of 4 to 16.
- The maximum format of a 2D entry is 70 x 50 cm.
- A maximum of two entries of the same technique (painting, drawing, photography) by one artist is accepted; however, one artist can send in entries of different techniques.
- A good-quality photo paper must be used for photographs.
- The entries employing colours that can be dusted or wiped off or that could dirty other entries when dealt with together must be fixated (pastel etc.).
- Only original copies are acceptable. Copies, xerox copies or electronic copies will not be eligible for assessment.
- Only such entries will be eligible for assessment that sticks to the theme set for the edition.
- Larger entries, mounted entries and entries lacking a proper label will be excluded.
The organizer reserves the right to use the received entries for other non-commercial exhibitions and charitable events and to reproduce them in print. The entries will not be given back.
LABELLING THE ENTRIES:
Every entry must have directly on its reverse side the following information
- Name and surname of the child (please, give it in the following order: (1) name, (2) surname)
- Age and sex of the child
- Full name and address of the school or organization of which the child is a representative
- Give the address in the following order: name of the school, street, number, postal code, town, country. An announcement of an award will be sent to this address. Do not state private addresses of children.
- An e-mail address of the organization responsible for correspondence related to the exhibition
- Please, state an e-mail address of the school or organization or other e-mail address you can be contacted at (art teacher).
- Descriptions must be LEGIBLE, written IN CAPITALS and IN ROMAN ALPHABET.
TIME SCHEDULE OF THE EXHIBITION:
20 February 2013 Deadline of sending the art work to the embassy of the Czech Republic in Ulaanbaatar
15 March 2013 Closing date of the 41st edition
4 – 6 April 2013 Session of the panel of expert judges
10 May 2013 Results of the exhibition published at www.mdvv-lidice.cz
29 May 2013 CEREMONIAL OPENING – formal opening of the exhibition and prize awards Solgyul Kweon, Republic of Korea to the Czech laureates and chosen foreign one
30 May – 31 Oct 2013 Exhibition of the awarded entries at the Lidice Gallery
June 2013 Distribution of prizes, catalogues and invitations to participate in the next edition to the winning schools and children in the Czech and Slovak Republics, and of letters of thanks to the non-winning schools
Sep – Dec 2013Prizes, catalogues and invitations to participate in the next edition for foreign child winners and letters of thanks for not appreciated schools are dispatched to Czech embassies in foreign countries, which ensure the prize awards.
After the main exhibition is finished, smaller exhibitions will be created from the exhibits to tour other venues in the Czech Republic and abroad.
Please open the attached file to see the labelling which is an unenviable part of the documentations.